- 01628 522827
Old Moat Bridge
In the 13th century, Wooburn Manor Park Estate was the Bishop of Lincoln's Palace, and the moat which was dug to allow the Wye to flow around the Palace remains to this day.
Although there has been considerable 20th century urbanisation, the various parts of the Parish have retained their individuality, with local people opposing continuous ribbon development. Parish Council initiatives in the past have conserved and improved upon the local environment.
Wooburn's marvellous 2.5 acre Village Green was purchased by the Parish Council from the last lord of the manor.
After 2 years of protracted negotiations, the 31 acres of Wooburn Park was purchased in 1938 for £3,550 by levying a 1d rate, Bucks CC contributing the grand sum of £887.10s.0d. This beautiful open space is flanked by Chiltern hillsides which are still wooded or actively farmed.