One of those woodlands, Farm Wood, is another example of the Parish's enterprise; in 1994 the Parish acquired the woodland on a 999 year lease, and today it is actively managed and conserved for the benefit of all.
The Recreation Ground at Bourne End was given by Sir John Thomas, a partner of the firm Thomas & Green of Soho Mill in 1901. The mill closed in the 1980s, but "The Rec" remains an important recreational facility.
For over a thousand years the River Wye powered water mills, and at one time paper manufacturing was an important industry in the valley. The last paper mill - Glory Mill - closed at the millenium, and its site is now occupied by small businesses and attractive housing development.##